West Hartford Public Schools has received guidance from the State of Connecticut Department of Education regarding free meals for students. Breakfast and lunch will be available to all students at no cost starting March 1, 2023 and will continue for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year.
There are a couple of important points to remember.
- One school breakfast and one school lunch per school day will be provided at no cost to each student.
- Second meals are available for purchase at the following prices:
- A la carte items are also available for purchase.
- We will continue to collect free and reduced-price meal applications, as it is important that we do so in order to ensure families receive proper benefits.
If you have not already submitted a 2022/2023 free and reduced-priced meals application, we encourage you to do so. DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED ONE OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN APPROVED BASED ON DIRECT CERTIFICATION. Please click below on the Free and Reduced Lunch tab where you have the option to complete an application electronically or print an application to be completed and returned to any one of the schools or the Nutrition Services Office. You may also request an application from any one of the school offices or the Nutrition Services Office.
- The following parent video may be helpful in completing the free and reduced-price meals application.
- In addition, the following information regarding the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (see Addendum C) may be helpful.